Botswana Luxury Safari
Botswana’s scenic beauty ranges from the lush wetlands of the Okavango Delta to the classic woodlands of Chobe, the rolling savannah of Savute and the lunar landscapes of the Makgadikgadi Pans. These diverse habitats are home to some of Africa's best game viewing in wilderness reserves made famous in several award-winning wildlife films.
Botswana is very accessible thanks to the international air hub in neighbouring South Africa’s vibrant city of gold, Johannesburg. As a luxury safari destination, Botswana combines comfortably with Cape Town’s gourmet safaris, beaches and winelands, Africa’s adventure capital, Victoria Falls, and the barefoot luxury of Mozambique’s tropical islands.
A luxury safari tour to Botswana should include the best attractions:
- The Okavango Delta, a natural wonder and one of the largest inland deltas in the world. This vast freshwater wetlands is set on the semi-dessert Kalahari, providing life giving waters to a diverse range of wildlife, from rare Sitatunga antelope to endangered wild dog, thriving lion prides and big buffalo herds, leopard, zebra, giraffe and elephant – Africa’s full cast of creatures is here. Delta safari activities include game drives, nature walks, canoeing, boating and unforgettable excursions on the backs of elephants or horses.
- The Chobe National Park, is home to Africa’s densest population of elephants, big herds of antelope, gazelle, zebra, giraffe and plenty of predators – lion, leopard and hyena. All that wildlife means thrilling predator-and-prey action. The main activity in this area is game drives and a sunset cruise down the Chobe River is highly recommended.
- The Savute landscape is open woodlands - ideal for large antelope and buffalo, the preferred prey of lion and wild dogs. The Savute Channel’s banks are crowded with wildlife and winds its way south to feed fresh water into the famous Savute Marsh. Game viewing is superb throughout the year and Savuti's lions are famous for hunting Africa's biggest mammals - buffalo, giraffe and even elephants.
- The Kalahari is a semi-desert dotted with giant baobab trees, seasonally flooded pans and rolling savannah – it is one of the most dramatic landscapes in Botswana and home to the annual Green Season zebra migration in the summer months of January and February. It’s also home to legendary black-maned Kalahari lions, wildebeest, gemsbok, eland, springbok, giraffe, jackal and brown hyena.
Botswana’s lodges are luxurious and exclusive – most accommodate a maximum of 24 guests at a time and offer outstanding crowd-free game viewing. We highly recommend a privately guided safari for the ultimate in tailored luxury. This is a US dollar-based destination, but the slightly higher cost of a Botswana luxury safari tour is perfectly offset by all-inclusive packages and a stress-free safari experience.
Browse our luxury Botswana vacation packages and recommended lodges to find out which attractions most appeal to you and a general idea of what a Botswana safari costs. Our Botswana consultants will tailor-make your vacation to make the most of your time and budget.
Botswana Luxury Safari: Travel Advice
Why Travel with Us?
- Independent expert advice
- Full service, flights included
- Real value at a fair price
- On safari support 24/7
- Financial protection
- Top tips & travel guides