Kruger Park Safari
It doesn't get much better than a Kruger Park safari. Home to the widest diversity of wildlife in South Africa and delivering some of the finest game viewing on the continent, the Kruger offers international award-winning accommodation, smooth-running logisitics and some of Africa's best trackers and guides, ready to take you on Big 5 game drives and big-thrill walking safaris.
The term Kruger National Park usually refers to the main park itself, open to the public but far bigger and wilder than you might think - particularly the further north you go. Game viewing is excellent throughout this country-sized destination and there are many Kruger accommodation options for a comprehensive and rewarding safari.
For genuine exclusivity, low visitor numbers and truly sensational game viewing, however, we'd recommend a safari in Kruger's private reserves including the Sabi Sands, Thornybush and Timbavati Game Reserve as well as Singita's concessions, set within the park. Leading the way in luxury safaris, these exclusive-use conservation areas are world-famous for their virtually guaranteed Big 5 sightings, and their accommodation offers the last word in safari style, comfort and cuisine.
What’s more with Africa's travel hub Johannesburg only a four-hour drive away - not to mention Kruger's own international airport - the Kruger Park is not only ideal for anyone who wants an accessible, wildlife-packed safari but it's also a destination that combines easily with many other iconic African holiday hotspots such as Cape Town and Mozambique's Indian Ocean islands.
Whether you are a safari first-timer or a veteran of many, the Kruger Park is sure to surpass your expectations. Browse our extensive range of Kruger tours and safaris or simply contact one of our Kruger safari experts for a tailor-made itinerary.
Pick the Kruger safari that best suits you:
- Kruger Family Safaris: stay at our favourite family-friendly lodges with specialised safari programmes for children, then it’s off to the sunny island of Mauritius or got-it-all Sun City.
- Kruger Honeymoon Safaris: we’ve chosen intimate safari camps and romantic lodges in tucked-away locations, and combined them with a few days in Cape Town or a beach break on a tropical island.
- Kruger Luxury Safaris: expect only the best with palatial suites and superlative game viewing combined with other top Africa destinations from Cape Town to thundering Victoria Falls.
Quick links to travel advice
Read about our Safari Experts' in the Sabi Sands and Madikwe Our Latest Travels: Kruger & Madikwe.
Why Travel with Us?
- Independent expert advice
- Full service, flights included
- Real value at a fair price
- On safari support 24/7
- Financial protection
- Top tips & travel guides