Experience 11 fantastic days as you thoroughly explore South Africa's KwaZulu Natal province - the itinerary includes the Drakensberg Mountains, the KZN Battlefields, the Maputaland Coastal Reserve and the extraordinary Phinda Resource Reserve.
Begin your self-drive journey at the base of the famous and iconic Drakensberg Mountains as you relax at Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse. Enjoy Cleopatra's famously delicious gourmet cuisine and the chance to explore the Drakensberg Mountains on foot or horseback.
Continue north into the historic and culturally rich Battlefields region and spend two nights at Fugitives' Drift. You'll learn all about the famous colonial battles of the area such as Isandwlana and Rourke's Drift and you'll also explore the Buffalo River for birds and spot giraffe and zebra in the local game reserve.
Next, drive yourself to the sub-tropical KZN coast and Rocktail Beach Camp. Enjoy a few days of relaxation as you rest on white sandy beaches, go snorkelling in the clear Indian Ocean, or cool off in the camp's swimming pool.
Finish off your adventure with a Big 5 safari in the Phinda Resource Reserve, one of South Africa's most exclusive and diverse conservation areas.
- Tour duration: 11 days
- Start: Durban
- End: Durban
South Africa, Kwazulu-Natal
2 nights at Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse
2 nights at Fugitives' Drift Lodge
3 nights at Rocktail Beach Camp
3 nights at Phinda Forest Lodge
- Comfort Level: Mid-range
- Type of Accommodation: Accommodated
Day to Day Itinerary
Delight your palate at Cleopatra
Hear the stories of the Battlefields
Snorkel in the Indian Ocean
Exploring the stunning Phinda Reserve
End your adventure in Durban
- 2 nights at Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse on a half board basis
- 2 nights at Fugitives' Drift Lodge on a full board basis
- 3 nights at Rocktail Beach Camp on a full board basis
- 3 nights at Phinda Forest Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- Flight from Johannesburg to Durban
- 11 days car rental
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 18 Sep 2013 - 11 Oct 2013 $3550 £2290 R36680 €2660
- 12 Oct 2013 - 04 Nov 2013 $3570 £2300 R36870 €2675
- 05 Nov 2013 - 28 Nov 2013 $3610 £2325 R37300 €2705
- 29 Nov 2013 - 22 Dec 2013 $3400 £2195 R35160 €2550
All rates are quoted per person sharing unless otherwise stipulated
Pricing is meant as a guide only.
Go2Africa contracts rates that are significantly below accommodation general public rack rates. Due to contract confidentiality we are often not able to publish our best rate.
Contact us – via Request a Quote – for an accurate, market best rate.
All prices are subject to availability, change or increase without notice and seasonality.
Single supplements are often applicable. Options and rates vary from supplier to supplier.