This 13-day adventure is an appealing study in contrasts: enjoy classic big game viewing in wild and wonderful Botswana before a fantastic two-night train journey through the scenic South African countryside to Africa's favourite city, Cape Town.
Start your adventure off on a high note as you spend six days exploring the intricate water channels of the Okavango Delta in search of Botswana's legendary wildlife. Visit first the Moremi Game Reserve and then the Chobe National Park - the latter is where you'll see large herds of elephant as you gaze out over the Savute Channel.
After your safari you'll board the luxurious Rovos Rail and meander through the ever-changing South African landscape as you head to Cape Town. Here you'll have plenty of time to explore this vibrant city and visit its many attractions.
- Tour duration: 15 days
- Start: Johannesburg
- End: Cape Town
Botswana, Okavango Delta
South Africa, Cape Town
1 night at The Westcliff Hotel
2 nights at Eagle Island Camp
2 nights at Khwai River Lodge
2 nights at Savute Elephant Camp
2 nights at Rovos Rail
4 nights at Mount Nelson
- Comfort Level: Luxury
- Type of Accommodation: Mixed
Day to Day Itinerary
Travel into the Okavango Delta
Explore the Okavango Delta
Relax at Khwai River Lodge
Meet the Okavango locals
Relax beside the Savute Channel
Get close to elephants
Return to Johannesburg
Meander with Rovos to Cape Town
Arrive in the Mother City
Explore the vibrant Cape Town
Reach the end of this adventure
- 1 night at The Westcliff Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis
- 2 nights at Eagle Island Camp on full board basis
- 2 nights at Khwai River Lodge on full board basis
- 2 nights at Savute Elephant Camp on full board basis
- 2 nights on the Rovos Rail on a fully inclusive basis
- 4 nights at Mount Nelson on a bed and breakfast basis
- Return transfer from OR Tambo International Airport to The Westcliff Hotel
- Return flight from Johannesburg to Maun
- Inter-camp transfers
- Transfer from Johannesburg to Pretoria
- Transfer from Cape Town Station to Mount Nelson
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 01 May 2013 - 31 May 2013 $8500 £5585 R78390 €6540
- 01 Jun 2013 - 01 Jul 2013 $8485 £5575 R78250 €6530
- 02 Jul 2013 - 01 Aug 2013 $11140 £7320 R102740 €8570
- 02 Aug 2013 - 01 Sep 2013 $11140 £7320 R102740 €8570
- 02 Sep 2013 - 02 Oct 2013 $11210 £7365 R103410 €8625
- 03 Oct 2013 - 02 Nov 2013 $11330 £7445 R104510 €8720
- 04 Dec 2013 - 31 Dec 2013 $8265 £5430 R76230 €6360
All rates are quoted per person sharing unless otherwise stipulated
Pricing is meant as a guide only.
Go2Africa contracts rates that are significantly below accommodation general public rack rates. Due to contract confidentiality we are often not able to publish our best rate.
Contact us – via Request a Quote – for an accurate, market best rate.
All prices are subject to availability, change or increase without notice and seasonality.
Single supplements are often applicable. Options and rates vary from supplier to supplier.