Enjoy a 14-day luxury getaway that kicks off with a classic Big 5 safari in a private Kruger reserve before a beach holiday on two stunning islands off the Indian Ocean coast of Mozambique.
Start with four days of game viewing in the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, a deservedly famous conservation area bordering the Kruger National Park. You'll enjoy game drives and guided bush walks in search of the Big 5 and other classic African animals. Relax between safari activities with a wide range of holistic and rejuvenating spa treatments and exercises for your mind and body.
Spend a night in Johannesburg before flying to Pemba on the Mozambique coast where you'll spend a week enjoying life on the tranquil islands of Matemo and Medjumbe in the glittering Quirimbas Archipelago. Wander the white sandy beaches of these postcard-perfect islands and enjoy spectacular snorkelling and diving excursions in the clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.
- Tour duration: 12 days
- Start: Johannesburg
- End: Johannesburg
South Africa, Kruger
4 nights at Lion Sands Ivory Lodge
5 nights at Matemo Island
3 nights at Medjumbe Private Island
1 night at Fairlawns Boutique Hotel
- Comfort Level: Mid-range
- Type of Accommodation: Accommodated
Day to Day Itinerary
Begin your journey in Johannesburg
Spot the Big 5 in the Sabi Sands
Relax in style in Johannesburg
Travel to Pemba
Soak up the seclusion of Matemo
Relax on a private island
Set your sights for home
- 4 nights at Lion Sands Ivory Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- 1 night at Fairlawns Boutique Hotel a bed and breakfast basis
- 5 nights at Matemo Island on a fully inclusive basis
- 3 nights at Medjumbe Private Island on a fully inclusive basis
- Return air charter from OR Tambo International Airport to Sabi Sands
- Return flight from Johannesburg to Pemba
- Return air charter from Pemba to Matemo Island
- Return air charter from Matemo to Medjumbe Private Island
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 25 Aug 2013 - 17 Sep 2013 $8860 £5710 R91620 €6645
All rates are quoted per person sharing unless otherwise stipulated
Pricing is meant as a guide only.
Go2Africa contracts rates that are significantly below accommodation general public rack rates. Due to contract confidentiality we are often not able to publish our best rate.
Contact us – via Request a Quote – for an accurate, market best rate.
All prices are subject to availability, change or increase without notice and seasonality.
Single supplements are often applicable. Options and rates vary from supplier to supplier.