Spend two weeks exploring extraordinary KwaZulu Natal at your own pace and visit its wildlife-rich reserves, pristine coastline and historic battlefields.
You'll be self-driving yourself around this magnificent province and kicking off in style at the Phinda Private Game Reserve where you'll go on game drives in search of the Big 5. Then it's off to the incredible KZN coastline where sea turtles still come ashore to breed.
Listen to fascinating stories of historic Anglo-Zulu and Anglo-Boer conflicts in the Battlefields Region before carrying on to the Natal Midlands where you'll have views of the towering Drakensberg. Stay in luxurious accommodation and enjoy personal service and exquisite cuisine on the unforgettable journey.
- Tour duration: 15 days
- Start: Durban
- End: Durban
South Africa, Kwazulu-Natal, Drakensberg
South Africa, Kwazulu-Natal, Battlefields
South Africa, Kwazulu-Natal, Kwazulu-Natal Safaris, Phinda Private Game Reserve
3 nights at Phinda Forest Lodge
3 nights at Thonga Beach Lodge
1 night at Makakatana Bay Lodge
2 nights at Fugitives' Drift Lodge
2 nights at Hartford House
2 nights at Fordoun Spa, Hotel and Restaurant
1 night at Endless Horizons Boutique Hotel
- Comfort Level: Mid-range
- Type of Accommodation: Accommodated
Day to Day Itinerary
Discover the Phinda Private Game Reserve
Relax on Mabibi's pristine beaches
Enjoy secluded tranquility at Makakatana
Immerse yourself in South African history
Stay on a scenic farm
Relax and revitalise at Fourdon
Travel to Endless Horizons
Reach the end of the road
- 3 nights at Phinda Forest Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- 3 nights at Thonga Beach Lodge on a full board basis
- 1 night at Makakatana Bay Lodge on a full board basis
- 2 nights at Fugitives' Drift Lodge on a full board basis
- 2 nights at Hartford House on a bed and breakfast basis
- 2 nights at Fordoun Spa, Hotel and Restaurant on a bed and breakfast basis
- 1 night at Endless Horizons Boutique Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis
- 15 days car rental
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 06 May 2013 - 09 Jun 2013 $4010 £2635 R36990 €3085
- 10 Jun 2013 - 14 Jul 2013 $4010 £2635 R36990 €3085
- 15 Jul 2013 - 18 Aug 2013 $4010 £2635 R36990 €3085
- 19 Aug 2013 - 22 Sep 2013 $4235 £2785 R39050 €3260
- 23 Sep 2013 - 27 Oct 2013 $4745 £3120 R43760 €3650
- 02 Dec 2013 - 31 Dec 2013 $4475 £2940 R41280 €3445
All rates are quoted per person sharing unless otherwise stipulated
Pricing is meant as a guide only.
Go2Africa contracts rates that are significantly below accommodation general public rack rates. Due to contract confidentiality we are often not able to publish our best rate.
Contact us – via Request a Quote – for an accurate, market best rate.
All prices are subject to availability, change or increase without notice and seasonality.
Single supplements are often applicable. Options and rates vary from supplier to supplier.