Great for families and independent-minded travellers, this 12-day self-drive safari explores some of the most beautiful and remote areas of the northern KwaZulu Natal coastline. Highlights include visits to the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, the Maputaland Coastal Reserve, the Phinda Resource Reserve and finally the dazzling Ballito coast.
Begin with a trip along the renowned Dolphin Coast to the iSimangaliso Wetlands, a World Heritage Site and naturalist's paradise. Travel on to the seemingly endless beaches of the Maputaland Coastal Forest Reserve before arriving at the extraordinary Phinda Resource Reserve for a few days of Big 5 safari time.
End your tour with an action-packed few days in Ballito, a small but bustling coastal holiday town just north of Durban.
Day to Day Itinerary
Explore the iSimangaliso Wetlands
Snorkel & scuba at Rocktail Beach
Track rhino in Phinda
Soak up the sun in Ballito
Say goodbye to KwaZulu Natal
- 2 nights at Makakatana Bay Lodge on a half board basis
- 4 nights at Rocktail Beach Camp on a half board basis
- 3 nights at Phinda Mountain Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- 2 nights at Coco De Mer on a bed and breakfast basis
- 12 days car rental
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 01 Mar 2014 - 26 Mar 2014 $3420 £2130 R34730 €2550
- 18 May 2014 - 12 Jun 2014 $3125 £1945 R31750 €2330
- 13 Jun 2014 - 08 Jul 2014 $3125 £1945 R31750 €2330
- 09 Jul 2014 - 03 Aug 2014 $3315 £2065 R33670 €2470
- 04 Aug 2014 - 29 Aug 2014 $3465 £2155 R35170 €2580
- 30 Aug 2014 - 24 Sep 2014 $3365 £2095 R34180 €2510
- 25 Sep 2014 - 20 Oct 2014 $3405 £2120 R34580 €2535
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.