Great for families and independent-minded travellers, this 12-day self-drive safari explores some of the most beautiful and remote areas of the northern KwaZulu Natal coastline. Highlights include visits to the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, the Maputaland Coastal Reserve, the Phinda Resource Reserve and finally the dazzling Ballito coast.
Begin with a trip along the renowned Dolphin Coast to the iSimangaliso Wetlands, a World Heritage Site and naturalist's paradise. Travel on to the seemingly endless beaches of the Maputaland Coastal Forest Reserve before arriving at the extraordinary Phinda Resource Reserve for a few days of Big 5 safari time.
End your tour with an action-packed few days in Ballito, a small but bustling coastal holiday town just north of Durban.
Day to Day Itinerary
Explore the iSimangaliso Wetlands
Snorkel & scuba at Rocktail Beach
Track rhino in Phinda
Soak up the sun in Ballito
Say goodbye to KwaZulu Natal
- 2 nights at Makakatana Bay Lodge on a half board basis
- 4 nights at Rocktail Beach Camp on a half board basis
- 3 nights at Phinda Mountain Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- 2 nights at Coco De Mer on a bed and breakfast basis
- 12 days car rental
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 16 Sep 2013 - 08 Oct 2013 $3215 £2065 R33130 €2410
- 09 Oct 2013 - 31 Oct 2013 $3270 £2105 R33730 €2450
- 01 Nov 2013 - 23 Nov 2013 $3315 £2130 R34170 €2485
- 24 Nov 2013 - 16 Dec 2013 $3315 £2130 R34170 €2485
- 17 Dec 2013 - 08 Jan 2014 $3405 £2190 R35130 €2555
All rates are quoted per person sharing unless otherwise stipulated
Pricing is meant as a guide only.
Go2Africa contracts rates that are significantly below accommodation general public rack rates. Due to contract confidentiality we are often not able to publish our best rate.
Contact us – via Request a Quote – for an accurate, market best rate.
All prices are subject to availability, change or increase without notice and seasonality.
Single supplements are often applicable. Options and rates vary from supplier to supplier.