This 12-day self-drive holiday packs in some of the best family-friendly destinations in South Africa - start off with Cape Town, cruise the Garden Route and end off at Kariega Game Reserve, a malaria-free, Big 5 reserve in the Eastern Cape.
Your nature-filled holiday begins in the fashionable Green Point area of Cape Town where you can enjoy beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean and Lions Head, part of the Table Mountain range. From here you are well-placed to set off and explore the many attractions of this relaxed and cosmopolitan city.
Then it's a slow drive along the world-renowned Garden Route towards the Eastern Cape. Stop over in Plettenberg Bay and St. Francis Bay for a few days spent relaxing on beaches or enjoying the huge range of family activities in the area.
Then it's time for a safari and close-up Big 5 encounters at the exclusive Kariega Game Reserve, located near Port Elizabeth. You'll be going on spectacular morning and afternoon game drives as well as a river cruise, the perfect activity for any keen birdwatchers in the family.
- Tour duration: 12 days
- Start: Cape Town
- End: Port Elizabeth
4 nights at Romney Park Luxury Suites
2 nights at Lairds Lodge Country Estate
2 nights at The Sands @ St Francis
3 nights at Kariega Main Lodge
- Comfort Level: Basic
- Type of Accommodation: Accommodated
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrive in Cape Town
Explore the Mother City
Travel to Plettenberg Bay
Explore the Garden Route
See Big Game in Kariega
Say goodbye and head for home
- 4 nights at Romney Park Luxury Suites on a bed only basis
- 2 nights at Lairds Lodge Country Estate on a bed and breakfast basis
- 2 nights at The Sands @ St Francis on a bed and breakfast basis
- 3 nights at Kariega Main Lodge on a full board basis
- 12 days car rental
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 13 Feb 2014 - 10 Mar 2014 $2020 £1260 R20520 €1505
- 11 Mar 2014 - 05 Apr 2014 $2020 £1260 R20520 €1505
- 06 Apr 2014 - 01 May 2014 $2020 £1260 R20520 €1505
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.