This 12-day self-drive holiday packs in some of the best family-friendly destinations in South Africa - start off with Cape Town, cruise the Garden Route and end off at Kariega Game Reserve, a malaria-free, Big 5 reserve in the Eastern Cape.
Your nature-filled holiday begins in the fashionable Green Point area of Cape Town where you can enjoy beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean and Lions Head, part of the Table Mountain range. From here you are well-placed to set off and explore the many attractions of this relaxed and cosmopolitan city.
Then it's a slow drive along the world-renowned Garden Route towards the Eastern Cape. Stop over in Plettenberg Bay and St. Francis Bay for a few days spent relaxing on beaches or enjoying the huge range of family activities in the area.
Then it's time for a safari and close-up Big 5 encounters at the exclusive Kariega Game Reserve, located near Port Elizabeth. You'll be going on spectacular morning and afternoon game drives as well as a river cruise, the perfect activity for any keen birdwatchers in the family.
- Tour duration: 12 days
- Start: Cape Town
- End: Port Elizabeth
South Africa, Garden Route
South Africa, Eastern Cape
South Africa, Cape Town
4 nights at Romney Park Luxury Suites
2 nights at Lairds Lodge Country Estate
2 nights at The Sands @ St Francis
3 nights at Kariega Main Lodge
- Comfort Level: Basic
- Type of Accommodation: Accommodated
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrive in Cape Town
Explore the Mother City
Travel to Plettenberg Bay
Explore the Garden Route
See Big Game in Kariega
Say goodbye and head for home
- 4 nights at Romney Park Luxury Suites on a bed only basis
- 2 nights at Lairds Lodge Country Estate on a bed and breakfast basis
- 2 nights at The Sands @ St Francis on a bed and breakfast basis
- 3 nights at Kariega Main Lodge on a full board basis
- 12 days car rental
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 06 May 2013 - 09 Jun 2013 $1580 £1040 R14570 €1220
- 10 Jun 2013 - 14 Jul 2013 $1580 £1040 R14570 €1220
- 15 Jul 2013 - 18 Aug 2013 $1580 £1040 R14570 €1220
- 19 Aug 2013 - 22 Sep 2013 $1580 £1040 R14570 €1220
- 02 Dec 2013 - 31 Dec 2013 $1930 £1270 R17770 €1485
All rates are quoted per person sharing unless otherwise stipulated
Pricing is meant as a guide only.
Go2Africa contracts rates that are significantly below accommodation general public rack rates. Due to contract confidentiality we are often not able to publish our best rate.
Contact us – via Request a Quote – for an accurate, market best rate.
All prices are subject to availability, change or increase without notice and seasonality.
Single supplements are often applicable. Options and rates vary from supplier to supplier.