This unforgettable 15-day adventure features the very best of East Africa, from legendary big game action in Tanzania’s Serengeti and Kenya’s Masai Mara, to gorilla trekking and cultural encounters in Uganda.
Begin your safari at the foot of the Great Rift Valley, on the shores of Lake Manyara. The lake dominates the landscape, which is home to richly diverse habitats - forest, wetland, floodplain and woodland - that support an impressive variety of wildlife, from tree-climbing lions to flocks of flamingos.
Your next stop is the Serengeti’s rolling grasslands, the quintessential African setting where wildebeest and zebra, buffalo, elephant, giraffe and gazelle roam free. Statuesque Maasai herdsmen watch over their cattle, looking out for Africa’s big cats and other predators. When you cross the border into Kenya and the Masai Mara, you remain in the same ecosystem but the ‘Mara’ has a distinct Out of Africa ambience. It’s here that a million wildebeest and zebra begin their annual Migration, following the summer rains and sweet grasses into the southern Serengeti, along a soft curve west and then north across treacherous rivers, returning to the Mara. Enjoy classic safari experiences: game drives, hot-air balloon flights and cultural encounters.
Your journey continues to Uganda’s vast green swathe of rainforest that covers the Rift Valley mountains. Gorilla trekking has contributed directly to saving the mountain gorillas from extinction and is an exceptional wildlife encounter that belongs on every bucket list. Explore this teeming ecosystem, home to the great apes and almost a dozen other primate species and about 350 bird species.
- Tour duration: 15 days
- Start: Arusha
- End: Entebbe
1 night at Arusha Coffee Lodge
3 nights at Escarpment Luxury Lodge
3 nights at Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp
1 night at The Boma Entebbe
3 nights at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
3 nights at Sanctuary Olonana
- Comfort Level: Comfortable
- Type of Accommodation: Mixed
Day to Day Itinerary
Your adventure begins in Arusha
Off to Lake Manyara
Sightseeing on the Serengeti
Touchdown in Uganda
Meet the gorillas
The Masai Mara is calling
- 3 Nights at Escarpment Luxury Lodge on game package basis
- 1 Night at The Boma Entebbe on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Nights at Gorilla Forest Camp on fully inclusive basis
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Exclusive Sundowner excursion at Escarpment Luxury Lodge
- Batwa Pygmy Tribe Experience at Gorilla Forest Camp
- Gorilla permit
- 1 Night at Arusha Coffee Lodge on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Nights at Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp on game package basis
- 3 Nights at Olonana on game package basis
- Private vehicle at Olonana
- Flights as specified in the itinerary
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Additional Tour Notes
Sanctuary Serengeti Migration Camp is closed from 01 April 2017 until 31 May 2017
- dates rates from
- 01 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $14650 £11105 R196260 €12450
- 01 Nov 2017 - 31 Dec 2017 $11750 £8910 R157410 €9985
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.