Take in all the sights of Namibia’s most ruggedly beautiful and remote regions on this action-packed desert journey. Throughout the trip you are hosted by a dedicated and experienced guide with vast knowledge of Namibia’s natural world, culture and history. Lodges range from comfortable to luxurious, and are located on private concessions allowing you to have a delightfully exclusive experience. Absorb awe-inspiring mountain peaks, vast open grasslands, and endless dunes on 4x4 transfers, game drives and guided nature walks. If the weather permits, you will also see Namibia’s dunes and shoreline from the air on two light aircraft flights.
First on the itinerary is Sossusvlei where you can walk on top of Namibia’s iconic red dunes and experience one of the world’s most beautiful International Dark Sky Reserves from a romantic star bed. The adventure continues to Swakopmund for delectable seafood, a romantic beach picnic and to see the abundant marine life of the Atlantic Ocean like dolphins, seals, pelicans and whales, and turtles in season. As you travel up the Skeleton Coast stop to marvel at shipwrecks, quaint beach towns, old ruins and unique plant life.
As you move into the dunes and plains of Damaraland, the variety of big game increases and savannah animals like ostrich, jackal and antelope are joined by desert specialists like south-western black rhino, zebra, giraffe, rare desert-adapted elephants and even top predators like cheetah, hyena and leopard.
- Tour duration: 10 days
- Start: Windhoek
- End: Windhoek
2 nights at Kulala Desert Lodge
2 nights at Hansa Hotel
1 night at Terrace Bay Camp
2 nights at Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp
2 nights at Desert Rhino Camp
- Comfort Level: Luxury
- Type of Tour: Guided & Scheduled
- Type of Accommodation: Mixed
Day to Day Itinerary
The Red Dunes of Sossusvlei
Swakopmund & Sandwich Harbour
See the shipwrecks of Skeleton Coast
Desert-adapted wildlife of Damaraland
Track rare desert rhino
Fly to Windhoek
- 2 Nights at Kulala Desert Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- Lodge/Camp activities as specified in the itinerary.
- 2 Nights at Hansa Hotel on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 1 Night at Terrace Bay Camp on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 2 Nights at Hoanib Skeleton Coast on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Deset Rhino Camp on fully inclusive basis
- Marine boat excursion and desert adventure
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Additional Tour Notes
Please note that this tour runs from May to mid-November.
- dates rates from
- 01 Jun 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $5905 £4485 R79155 €5020
- 01 Nov 2017 - 20 Nov 2017 $5125 £3890 R68675 €4355
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.