Travel across the wide-open landscapes and big skies of Namibia in search of the country’s most spectacular sights and thrilling outdoor adventures on this 15-day self-drive adventure. The itinerary is filled with destinations that offer plenty of exciting activities, making it ideal for young-at-heart couples, small groups, and families with older children. In your 4x4 rental vehicle, you will visit memorable lodges that provide cosy and unpretentious accommodation as well as unforgettable safari experiences.
Your tour begins after touching down at Hosea Kutako International Airport in Windhoek and a restful overnight stay in the capital city. Wake up refreshed and head south into the Namib Desert to the point where vast plains and rugged mountains give way to the expansive red dunes of Sossusvlei. Spend two days exploring this unique desert ecosystem, then journey north to the seaside town city of Swakopmund where the abundant Atlantic Ocean contrasts with the towering sand dunes and quaint historic architecture.
Search for highly adapted wildlife in Damaraland including the rare desert elephant, and marvel at Stone Age rock etchings at Twyfelfontein. No African adventure is complete without a classic big game safari, and your visit to both the eastern and western regions of Etosha National Park, Namibia’s flagship game reserve, is sure to fill your safari quota. Your last stop before returning to Windhoek is Okonjima Nature Reserve, where you can learn more about projects to conserve Namibia’s leopards and cheetahs at the AfriCat Foundation.
- Tour duration: 15 days
- Start: Windhoek
- End: Windhoek
1 night at Olive Grove
3 nights at Sossusvlei Lodge
2 nights at Swakopmund Guesthouse
2 nights at Camp Kipwe
2 nights at Andersson's Camp
2 nights at Onguma Tree Top Camp
2 nights at Okonjima Plains Camp
- Comfort Level: Comfortable
- Type of Accommodation: Accommodated
Day to Day Itinerary
A Night in the Capital
The Red Dunes of Sossusvlei
Sand & sea at Swakopmund
The dreamy landscapes of Damaraland
Safari at Etosha National Park
Cross vast Etosha Pan
Big cats in Waterberg
Return to Windhoek
- 15 Days Car Rental
- 1 Night at Olive Grove on bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Nights at Sossusvlei Lodge on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 2 Nights at Swakopmund Guesthouse on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 Nights at Camp Kipwe on full board basis
- 2 Nights at Andersson's Camp on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 2 Nights at Onguma Tree-Top Camp on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 2 Nights at Okonjima Plains Camp on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Additional Tour Notes
Please note Sossusvlei Lodge is closed from 01 January until 31 January 2017.
- dates rates from
- 01 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017 $3030 £2335 R40150 €2710
- 01 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017 $3430 £2645 R45460 €3065
- 01 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $3430 £2645 R45460 €3065
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.