This is the way to really get under Africa’s skin: a 17-day itinerary that commences in the continent’s ‘adventure capital’ – Victoria Falls – and ends with a comprehensive road-trip through the most exciting and bewitching areas of Namibia. In between, you savour the peace, tranquillity and majesty of Botswana’s Okavango Delta, one of the world’s greatest wildernesses.
You kick off in Livingstone at the Victoria Falls, a massive sheet of deafening spray on the Zambezi River. The Zambezi is a natural playground with sunset boat cruises, thrilling white-water rafting and microlighting all on offer. From there, you cross the border to Kasane in Botswana to catch a light aircraft flight to the Moremi Game Reserve on the Okavango Delta. Once again, water activities are a highlight: navigating the Delta by mekoro is a ‘must-do’ for any safari goer.
After getting your fill of Botswana, it is time to head to one of Africa’s best destinations for a road trip. Namibia has an excellent highway infrastructure, beautiful scenery and very little other traffic outside the few major towns – ideal for enjoying your time behind the wheel. You will take in Windhoek, Swakopmund, Sossusvlei, Damaraland and the country’s flagship nature reserve: Etosha National Park.
Ideal for a family vacation or even an intrepid honeymoon, this tour gives you the best of three of Africa’s most different and compelling landscapes.
- Tour duration: 17 days
- Start: Maun
- End: Windhoek
3 nights at Camp Xakanaxa
3 nights at Ilala Lodge
1 night at Olive Grove
2 nights at Sossusvlei Lodge
1 night at Swakopmund Guesthouse
2 nights at Damaraland Camp
3 nights at Ongava Tented Camp
1 night at Olive Grove
- Comfort Level: Comfortable
- Type of Accommodation: Accommodated
Day to Day Itinerary
Immerse yourself in the Delta
Have fun at Victoria Falls
Off to Namibia
The sands of Sossusvlei
Back in history
Discover wild Damaraland
The best for last
Return to Windhoek
- Flight from Victoria Falls to Windhoek
- 11 Days Car Rental in Namibia
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- 3 Nights at Ilala Lodge on bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Nights at Camp Xakanaka on fully inclusive basis
- 1 Night at Olive Grove on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 Nights at Damaraland Camp on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Nights at Ongava Tented Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Sossusvlei Lodge on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 1 Night at Swakopmund Guesthouse on bed and breakfast basis
- Shared light aircraft flights as specified in the itinerary
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Additional Tour Notes
Please note that Camp Xakanaxa is closed from 1 February until 1 March 2017.
Please note that Sossusvlei Lodge is closed for the duration of January 2017.
- dates rates from
- 01 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017 $8810 £6735 R113630 €7645
- 01 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $8810 £6735 R113630 €7645
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.