This bucket-list experience takes you deep into Bwindi Impenetrable Forest for an eye-opening encounter with highly endangered mountain gorillas. After landing at the international airport in Entebbe, you will fly to the Kihihi airstrip on the outskirts of Bwindi National Park. Home to roughly 340 mountain gorillas, the park is one of the two remaining protected sites where this subspecies of great ape exist in the wild. Some of the family groups are habituated to human presence and will allow trekkers to track and observe them from a respectful and mandated distance as they go about their daily lives. Back at your accommodation, which is the tranquil Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp, keep an eye open for gorillas strolling right through the camp!
Part of this 4-day rainforest experience includes luxurious and authentic tented accommodation, as well as an encounter with the indigenous Batwa people. For those seeking to extend their East African journey, this fly-in gorilla safari is a great match with a trip to the Serengeti or the Masai Mara to see the Big 5 or Wildebeest Migration.
Day to Day Itinerary
Land at Entebbe
Observe gorillas in their natural habitat
Encounters with an ancient people
Farewell to Bwindi
- 3 Nights at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp on fully inclusive basis
- Return airstrip transfers
- Return shared light aircraft flight from Entebbe to Gorilla Forest Camp
- Gorilla permit
- Batwa Pygmy Tribe Experience, including transfers
- Queen Elizabeth National Park fees
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 01 Apr 2017 - 20 Jun 2017 $2510 £1935 R33270 €2245
- 21 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017 $3380 £2605 R44805 €3020
- 01 Oct 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $2960 £2280 R39235 €2645
- 01 Nov 2017 - 20 Dec 2017 $2510 £1935 R33270 €2245
- 21 Dec 2017 - 05 Jan 2018 $3380 £2605 R44805 €3020
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.