Guides are the backbone of Africa’s safari industry and the best ones skilfully impart their bush knowledge and enthusiasm for wildlife to their enthralled guests. On this 13-day journey across Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls and into the Lower Zambezi region of Zambia, you will be in the hands of private guide Alistair Kilpin who will take you on walking excursions, lead you tracking and seamlessly navigate all your travel arrangements and cross-border transactions.
Your first port of call will be in Zimbabwe’s Matabo National Park where you will enjoy a walking tour of the ancient rock art and the grave of empire-builder Cecil John Rhodes. You will also undertake a walk of Big Cave Camp’s extensive property as well as track endangered rhinos. Your second home in Zimbabwe is the renowned Hwange National Park – known for its elephant population – where Alistair will explore the bush with you on thrilling game drives.
Victoria Falls then beckons, where you will stay just outside the bustling town centre on an elephant sanctuary (you can also meet an orphaned cheetah who has made The Elephant Camp his home).
From there, Alistair takes you across the Zambezi River and into Zambia for four nights of luxury camping. The Lower Zambezi is a lush environment filled with birds and game, making it a fitting end to 13 days in Southern Africa.
- Tour duration: 13 days
- Start: Johannesburg
- End: Johannesburg
Matobo National Park,
Hwange National Park
3 nights at Big Cave Camp
2 nights at The Hide
3 nights at The Elephant Camp
2 nights at Chiawa Camp
2 nights at Old Mondoro
- Comfort Level: Comfortable
- Type of Accommodation: Mixed
Day to Day Itinerary
Into Matabo National Park
High life at Victoria Falls
Exploring the Lower Zambezi
Life on the river
- 3 Nights at Big Cave Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at The Hide on fully inclusive basis
- 3 Nights at The Elephant Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Chiawa Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Old Mondoro on fully inclusive basis
- Private guide throughout the itinerary
- Flight from Johannesburg to Bulawayo
- Flight from Lusaka to Johannesburg
- Selected park and conservation fees
- Inter-camp transfers and flights as specified in the itinerary
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Additional Tour Notes
Please note that this tour is not available from 01 January until 23 April due to camp closures.
- dates rates from
- 01 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017 $19790 £15130 R255250 €17165
- 01 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $21160 £16175 R272920 €18355
- 01 Nov 2017 - 31 Dec 2017 $18870 £14425 R243380 €16370
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.