For two weeks, you and your family will be in the capable hands of a highly experienced and trained private guide who will introduce you to some of the greatest natural wonders of Southern Africa. Ideal for adventurous travellers who enjoy walking safaris, your guide will also be able to tailor your experiences to your interests, be they Africa’s big cats or its dazzling collection of hundreds of bird species.
After gathering at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa, you will fly to Maun in Botswana, the gateway to the immense and irreplaceable Okavango Delta. You spend four days exploring this mesmerising wetland before once again taking to the skies to land at another spectacular water wonder: the tumbling Victoria Falls. Spend three days exploring Africa’s Adventure Capital before winging your way to Zimbabwe, one of the continent’s best-kept safari secrets.
Zimbabwe has a temperate climate and interesting geographical diversity: your first stop is Hwange National Park, a classic grassland teeming with game and arguably the country’s flagship reserve. After three days of exceptional game viewing, you will end your 14-day holiday amid the massive granite boulders of Matabos National Park. Small but perfectly formed, Matabos has incredible ancient rock art in addition to what is thought to be the world’s greatest population of Verreaux’s black vultures.
- Tour duration: 14 days
- Start: Johannesburg
- End: Johannesburg
Matobo National Park,
Hwange National Park
3 nights at Little Vumbura
3 nights at Tongabezi Lodge
3 nights at The Hide
4 nights at Big Cave Camp
- Comfort Level: Comfortable
- Type of Accommodation: Mixed
Day to Day Itinerary
Settle into Little Vumbura in the Delta
Off to Tongabezi Lodge at Victoria Falls
Life at The Hide in Hwange
Winding down at Big Cave Camp in Matabos
- 3 Nights at Little Vumbura on a fully inclusive basis
- 3 Nights at Tongabezi Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- 3 Nights at The Hide on a fully inclusive basis
- 4 Nights at Big Cave Camp on a fully inclusive basis
- Flight from Johannesburg to Maun
- Flight from Bulawayo to Johannesburg
- Private guide throughout the itinerary
- Inter-camp flights and transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Rock art and Rhodes grave historical tour at Big Cave Camp
- Rhino tracking game drive at Big Cave Camp
- Park fees
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
Additional Tour Notes
Please note that Little Vumbura is closed from 01 January and March 2017.
- dates rates from
- 01 Jun 2017 - 31 Jul 2017 $23730 £18570 R304070 €21195
- 01 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017 $24370 £19070 R312270 €21765
- 01 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $24370 £19070 R312270 €21765
- 01 Nov 2017 - 31 Dec 2017 $21320 £16685 R273190 €19045
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.