Botswana’s Okavango Delta has many islands amid its meandering waterways but none is larger than Chief’s Island, which lies in the Mombo concession of the Moremi Game Reserve. The ‘chief’ in question was Moremi himself, who ruled this predator-rich part of the Delta in centuries past. On this tour, his historic home base will be the final stop on your 7-day journey through Botswana.
Your sojourn begins on the doorstep of Chobe National Park, where you can enjoy finding the park’s renowned herds of elephants from the comfort of a 9-seater game-drive vehicle or a boat cruise along the Chobe River. Seeing a matriarchal herd cross the water and splash themselves thoroughly with mud is a highlight of any visit to Chobe.
The middle part of your holiday is spent in Moremi, a lush wildlife paradise where sightings of leopards, lions and hyenas are not uncommon. This trip is fully inclusive and suits travellers who have limited time available but who want to be able to see all Botswana’s highlights. This trip can be undertaken from and end in either Kasane or Maun, depending on the rest of your schedule.
Day to Day Itinerary
On Chobe’s Doorstep
Off to Moremi
- 2 Nights at Chobe Bush Lodge on full board basis
- 2 Nights at Pom Pom Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Gunns Camp on fully inclusive basis
- VAT and Bed levy
- Scheduled activities
- Intercamp charter flights
- Selected park fees and Government taxes
- Emergency evacuation cover (guests still require their own insurance)
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 01 Jul 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $4480 £3485 R58950 €3810
- 01 Nov 2017 - 31 Mar 2018 $3095 £2405 R40700 €2630
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.