Zimbabwe is blessed with some of the loveliest scenery in Southern Africa. This trip, which is perfect for families of six or more travelling together, takes you to the jaw-dropping beauty of Victoria Falls, passes through the huge stretches of pristine Big 5 country in Hwange National Park, and ends with a blissful cruise on popular Lake Kariba. In fact, all three of these iconic destinations are also hailed for their sheer magnitude: the Falls are the largest waterfall in Africa; Hwange is Zimbabwe’s biggest national park; and Kariba is the largest artificial lake in the world.
You and your family will kick off discovering these natural gems in Victoria Falls Town, rightly billed as the adrenalin capital of Africa because of the superb white-water rafting, bungee jumping and other exciting activities on offer. From there, you journey to the heart of Hwange to enjoy classic morning and afternoon game drives in search of the Big 5 – Hwange’s populations of wild dog and leopard are also making a comeback thanks to special conservation projects.
Lastly, wind down from early morning wake-up calls with time on a luxurious cruiser on the waters of Lake Kariba, which is a whopping 226 / 140mi long! As you cruise along, keep your binoculars to hand to view African fish eagles, cormorants, hippos, elephants and the occasional Nile crocodile making the most of this vast tract of fresh water.
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrive at Victoria Falls
The Smoke that Thunders
Day’s end on the Chobe
Off to Hwange
Up to the lake
- 3 Nights at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge on bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Nights at Somalisa Acacia on fully inclusive basis
- Tour of the Falls whilst staying at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
- 4 Nights on Matusadona Luxury Lake Safari Cruiser on fully inclusive basis
- Sunset Cruise whilst staying at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
- Selected transfers as per the itinerary
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 01 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017 $11620 £8885 R149875 €10080
- 01 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $11620 £8885 R149875 €10080
- 01 Nov 2017 - 30 Nov 2017 $11000 £8410 R141875 €9545
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.