By combining two of Botswana’s top safari destinations - the Moremi Game Reserve and the Makgadikgadi Pans – this 7-day fly-in safari delivers a comprehensive overview of Botswana’s abundant wildlife and diverse topography.
The two destinations represent totally different natural environments: your stay in Moremi puts you on the wooded floodplains of the Okavango Delta, which is home to elephants and buffalo and big cats. The Makgadikgadi Pans are part of the Kalahari Desert where that you will see desert-adapted wildlife as well as migrating zebra herds in summer, attracted to ephemeral rivers and fresh grazing.
You can also expect a wide variety of activities on this game-focused tour. There are morning and afternoon game drives but as your accommodation lies in private concessions, your guides can also conduct spot-lit night drives and nature walks. There is also an opportunity to take to the water by boat if river levels permit.
Accommodation takes the form of comfortable safari camps with tented suites as well as a night in a star-bed, a sleeping platform set out in the wilderness and your chance to spend a night under Africa’s starry night.
- Tour duration: 7 days
- Start: Maun
- End: Maun
3 nights at Hyena Pan Tented Camp
1 night at Skybeds
2 nights at Meno-A-Kwena Tented Camp
- Comfort Level: Comfortable
- Type of Tour: Guided & Scheduled
- Type of Accommodation: Tented
Day to Day Itinerary
A private Okavango retreat
A night under the stars
A Kalahari river
The Journey Ends
- Three Nights at Hyena Pan Tented Camp on fully inclusive basis
- One Night at Sky Beds on fully inclusive basis
- Two nigths at Meno-A-Kwena Tented Camp on fully inclusive basis
- Scheduled flight from Maun Airport [MUB] to Hyena Pan Tented Camp
- Scheduled flight from Hyena Pan Tented Camp to Maun Airport [MUB]
- Road transfer from Hyena Pan Tented Camp to Sky Beds
- Road transfer from Sky Beds to Aiirstrip
- Road transfer Maun Airport [MUB] to Meno-A-Kwena
- Road transfer Meno-A-Kwena to Maun Airport [MUB]
- Drinks (Local brands)
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 01 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017 $3120 £2465 R40805 €2795
- 01 Jul 2017 - 31 Oct 2017 $3980 £3145 R52050 €3565
- 01 Nov 2017 - 31 Dec 2017 $3120 £2465 R40805 €2795
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.