The Bwindi Impenetrable Forest forms part of the Bwindi National Park in Uganda and is one of the most biologically diverse ecosystems in Africa. The forest has dense jungle vegetation and is home to the half the world’s remaining mountain gorilla population as well as 11 other mammal species, including giant hogs and forest elephants. The Bwindi Forest is the best place in Uganda to go gorilla trekking and although it may take hours, or even the whole day, the daily success rate for sightings is around 90 percent.
Once you locate a habituated family group, you will spend roughly an hour observing quietly from a respectful distance. Trekking back to the lodge, the procession is usually quiet, as you and your fellow travellers reflect on your encounters with our closest mammalian cousins, recalling soulful gestures, expressions and interactions. The eco-friendly Bwindi Lodge is separated from the forest by a clear mountain stream, and here you can enjoy a well-deserved dinner and a good night’s rest. Rise early for a second day of gorilla trekking (subject to availability), guided rainforest walks, or cultural activities such as tea tasting, community visits, and learning the traditional practices of the Batwa people.
This short gorilla-trekking adventure combines well with an East African big-game safari.
- Tour duration: 4 days
- Start: Entebbe
- End: Entebbe
3 nights at Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge
- Comfort Level: Basic
- Type of Tour: Tailor-made
- Type of Accommodation: Accommodated
Day to Day Itinerary
Welcome to Uganda
Learn about local life
Time to reflect
- 3 Nights at Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- Expert driver/guide and vehicle for the duration of the itinerary
- Two gorilla permits
- Selected park fees, nature and community walk fees
- Complimentary massage
- Laundry services
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- dates rates from
- 01 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017 $3335 £2590 R43860 €2835
- 01 Oct 2017 - 14 Dec 2017 $3090 £2400 R40645 €2630
- 15 Dec 2017 - 28 Feb 2018 $3335 £2590 R43860 €2835
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently.
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Single supplements may apply
Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.