It’s hard to believe that the Okavango Delta exists in a country of which 70% is dominated by the semi-arid Kalahari Desert. But this vast and practically untouched freshwater wetland supports an abundance of wildlife within some of the most divine natural settings on the entire African continent. With superb safari lodges located in the Moremi Game Reserve (one of Africa’s greatest game viewing destinations) and exclusive private concessions, the Delta offers a safari experience bar none.
"Dependable service for a trip of a lifetime"
When you safari, especially as a group, and you want the security of having a local agency coordinate the logistics and your stays it's good to have Go2Safari look after things. They were flexible to meet our specific requests, whether a camp/lodge or flights. Everything went so smooth. They were very good at handling our group of 6 couple traveling from the states, with a multitude of questions.
- Scott (California, USA)
1. Fly-in Safari to Linyanti and Moremi
Duration: 7 Days | Locations: 3
A fly-in safari usually involves short transfers in light aircrafts between locations within a specific destination. It saves you a whole lot of time and offers a spectacular aerial overview of the wilderness you journey through. On this tour, you’ll stay at three very romantic tented camps in remote settings in northern Botswana. You’ll enjoy thrilling day and night game drives in private concessions, as well as exploring the Delta by canoe and motorboat.
- Walking safaris in the private Linyanti Wildlife Reserve
- Predator sightings at Vumbura Plains
- Hot-air balloon rides over the Delta (April to September)
- Game drives in predator-rich Moremi Game Reserve
- Photography hide at Mombo Camp
Couples and honeymooners
2. Family Adventure in the Delta and Vic Falls
Duration: 6 Days | Locations: 2
Stay at two exceptional safari properties that are perfectly geared to accommodate families with children. The emphasis at Footsteps Across the Delta is on guided nature walks, a more intimate experience of the Delta’s wilderness. The Elephant Camp is situated in a private concession a mere 10 kilometres or six miles from the colossal Victoria Falls. On a clear and wind-free day, the waterfall’s spray can often be seen from the camp!
- Footsteps Across the Delta, an intimate tented camp (only accommodates six guests)
- Guided walks in the Shinde Concession – home to wild dog, lion and leopard
- Tailored, child-friendly safari activities
- Interactions with habituated elephants at the Wild Horizons Elephant Sanctuary
- Tour of Victoria Falls, the world’s biggest waterfall
Families with children