Last updated: 29 October 2020
Dear Friends and Guests of Go2Africa,
With the continued impact of COVID-19 on global travel the Go2Africa team is focused on the safety of our guests, both current and future. The current situation in Africa is that most destinations are open albeit some with specific inbound restrictions– see our updated tracker of travel restrictions by country here.
We’re happy to share that a handful of our clients and staff have been traveling through Kenya and Tanzania in the past few months and have reported great comfortability and assurance with the health and safety precautions in place and we have many new clients booking for 2021! Hear from our clients on their recent experiences on safari.
For those set to travel in December 2020 / January 2021 to destinations being open, we encourage you to come. We believe that Africa is one of the safer destinations both in terms of protocols adhered to at our personally-vetted lodges and the wide-open landscapes they are in. It’s important to have things to look forward to in these unprecedented times! Read our blog on why safari is still one of the safest ways to travel.
We've been heartened to witness over 90% of our clients deferring their trips as needed, a very important element in ensuring our partner lodges and camps continue their conservation efforts and support the communities in which they operate. They play a very important role in everything from managing anti-poaching to employing people in regions where paying one person often means feeding 10 mouths; with our travellers rescheduling their trips, these important initiatives remain intact.
- If you are traveling in November/December/Jan our goal is to be in touch with you over the next few weeks. We implore all our November / December travelers that are able to travel and enter their countries of destination to come!
- If you are due to travel in the coming weeks and we have not been able to connect with you yet, please contact your Africa Safari Expert immediately to talk through the options available to you.
- For any clients outside of this time frame, please feel free to get in contact with your Africa Safari Expert who continues to be your point of contact before, during, and after your travels. We are feeling the positive momentum here in Africa and believe most, if not all, of our destinations will be open by the end of the year (subject to travel restrictions in your country of origin).
Since 1998 we have successfully navigated various crises and global disruptions and are committed to creating once in a lifetime trips while supporting conservation, communities, and sustainability in Africa, now more than ever.
Yours in travel,
The Go2Africa Team
Our Updated COVID-19 T&Cs
For all new bookings made between 1 July 2020 - 31 December 2020:
- No cancellation fees and 100% refundable deposit up to 65 days before travel date for COVD-19 related restrictions and complications
- Defer your trip with no penalties up to 65 days before travel date until 31 Dec 2021
- On all land portions and services/activities where applicable (flights will depend on fare class, your African Safari Expert will consult you on this matter)