Victoria Falls is Southern Africa’s pride and joy, attracting roughly 1 million visitors per year to watch millions of litres of water flood over its lip. But there’s more to this Natural Wonder of the World than stunning views – it’s also Africa’s Adventure Capital. From ziplining over Batoka Gorge to bungee jumping off Victoria Falls Bridge and white-water rafting down the Zambezi River, there are plenty of adrenaline-pumping activities on offer. To top all of that off, it’s also a haven for big game – because what’s Africa without a safari?
Whether you decide to visit this iconic landmark in Zambia or Zimbabwe, you’ll need a place to stay. We’ve rounded up some of the best accommodation at Victoria Falls to ensure that you’re able to experience this slice of paradise from the lap of luxury:
Zambia Victoria Falls Hotels:
1. The Royal Livingstone Hotel
elegance and style of a bygone era. You’ll feel like royalty from the minute you step into the old-world main building, indulging in 5-star gourmet meals, enjoying sunset cruises on the Zambezi River and having your personal butler see to your every need along the way. And, of course, The Royal Livingstone is only a 5-minute walk away from all the exciting adventures that await in Victoria Falls. The Royal Livingstone Hotel represents the finest and most luxurious characteristics of the best hotels in Victoria Falls.
- Luxury old-world hotel in Victoria Falls bordering the Zambezi National Park
- Uninterrupted views of the Zambezi River
- 5-minute walk to Victoria Falls
- Zebra, giraffe & antelope graze on the hotel’s lawn
- Private butler service
- Boating safari on the river
- Explore Vic Falls via a luxury steam train
Travellers seeking a lavish & laidback holiday.
2. Royal Chundu
On the banks of the might Zambezi River, the award-winning Royal Chundu is a lodge worthy of its aristocratic moniker. This luxury resort comprises two stylish, contemporary properties – River Lodge and Island Lodge – that boast uninterrupted views of the surroundings. And just 40 minutes away from Victoria Falls, guests have easy access to Africa’s Adventure Capital.
- Award-winning 5-star luxury lodge on the banks of Zambezi River
- Zambia’s first & only Relais & Châteaux property
- 40 minutes away from Victoria Falls
- Canoeing & cruises on the river
- Scenic helicopter flights
Families & romantic getaways.
3. Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma
Victoria Falls is one of Africa’s most popular tourist attractions, but Sussi & Chuma in Zambia gives guests the chance to escape the crowds. This upscale treehouse-style Victoria Falls lodge offers a luxury respite from the hustle and bustle of the Falls. With its quirky architecture built into the canopy of jackalberry trees and phoenix palms, Sussi & Chuma sets a playful tone for your Victoria Falls safari.
- Treehouse-style luxury lodge in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Uninterrupted views of the Zambezi River
- 20 kilometres (12 miles) from Victoria Falls
- Secluded location away from the crowds
- Guided walking safaris, river cruises & canoeing safaris
- White-water rafting & helicopter flights
Solo-travellers, families & couples.
4. The River Club
Those wanting a more refined and elegant Victoria Falls safari, staying at one of the most sought-after Victoria Falls lodges in Zambia will delight in all that The River Club has to offer. This Edwardian-style lodge exudes a timeless elegance that is reflected in its tasteful décor and offerings of more genteel sports, like tennis and croquet. Its enviable location on the Zambezi River offers spectacular views of the tranquil waters, as well as the opportunity for sunset cruises and game drives through the nearby Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park.
- Upscale old-world lodge overlooking the Zambezi River
- Game drives through Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Boat cruises on the river
- Play tennis, croquet, boules & snooker
- Run or walk on nature trails
- Kids @ The Club keeps the little ones entertained
Honeymoons, family holidays & romantic getaways.
5. Victoria Falls River & Island Lodges
Victoria Falls River Lodge is one of the secluded Victoria Falls lodges in Zambezi National Park. It comprises two lavish properties – the River Lodge, which is suitable for families, and the Island Lodge, an intimate haven on the private Kandahar Island. Leaving your upscale, comfortable suite will prove to be a difficult task, but it will be worth it when you’re exploring Africa’s Adventure Capital through white-water rafting, bungee jumping, helicopter flights and other activities.
- Opulent 5-star lodges in Zambezi National Park
- Uninterrupted views of the Zambezi River & riverine forest
- Upstream from Victoria Falls & its adventure activities
- Personal butler service at Island Lodge
- Star-bed sleepouts under the night sky at Island Lodge
Family holidays, romantic getaways & honeymoons
6. Old Drift Lodge
Old Drift Lodge is a feast for the eyes, from its stylish, elegant design to its 360-degree views of the Zambian landscape. There’s never a shortage of breathtaking sights to behold when staying at this luxury haven, with its enviable location on the banks of the iconic Zambezi River. Not to mention, it’s within arm’s reach of Vic Falls, where you’ll be able to explore this marvel by boat, on foot, in a vehicle or, for the more daring, by helicopter.
- Elegant & opulent lodge in Zambezi National Park
- Panoramic views of the Zambezi River
- Have lunch over Batoka Gorge
- Swim on the edge of Victoria Falls in Devil’s Pool
- Guided walking safaris through the park
- Scenic helicopter flights over the Falls
- Canopy tours through Vic Fall’s rainforest
Families, small groups & couples.
7. Mpala Jena Camp
Mpala Jena is a chic, contemporary camp in the hidden gem that is Zambezi National Park that retains the authentic feel of a classic safari while still affording a luxury getaway. The Moroccan-influenced design is paired with canvas tents, stonework and wooden decking to create a unique style that will have you forgetting you’re in the African wilderness. It’s upscale lodgings and close proximity to Africa’s Adventure Capital makes Mpala Jena one of the best places from which to explore Victoria Falls.
- Close to Victoria Falls
- Secluded & tranquil luxury camp in Zambezi National Park
- Stunning views of the Zambezi River
- Boat cruises & canoeing
- Reliable sightings of elephant, African wild dog, buffalo & lion
Couples & small groups.
8. Tsowa Safari Island Camp
You might be surprised to know that there’s more to a Victoria Falls safari than exploring Africa’s largest waterfall. Tsowa offers a classic safari experience in the heart of Zambezi National Park where guests “rough it” in luxury canvas tents and spend time on game drives in search of lion, elephant, leopard and other big game. And at less than an hour away from Africa’s Adventure Capital, you’ll also have more than enough time to thoroughly explore and experience all that this wonderland has to offer.
- Luxury tented camp on its own island in Zambezi National Park
- Intimate camp that offers a classic safari experience
- Explore Africa’s Adventure Capital, Victoria Falls
- Spectacular views of the Zambezi River
- Game drives, bush walks & island walks
- River cruises & canoeing
Travellers seeking a more traditional safari experience.
9. Thorntree River Lodge
Thorntree is an ultra-luxurious accommodation in Zambia that makes roughing it in the untamed wilderness of Africa a rather pleasant experience. A mere 20 minutes from the Falls, guests can explore Africa’s Adventure Capital through a variety of thrilling experiences, including bungee jumping, ziplining, white-water rafting and more. And when your day of adventure is had, the opulent suites of Thorntree await, providing every creature comfort and a spectacular view of the Zambezi River for your pleasure.
- 5-star luxury lodge in Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Private river cruises & canoeing on the Zambezi River
- 20-minute drive from Victoria Falls
- Game drives & rhino tracking on foot
- Ngwana Club keeps the little ones entertained
Families & couples.
Zimbabwe Vic Falls Accommodation:
10. Tongabezi Lodge
Two of Zimbabwe’s natural wonders also happen to double as the best romantic setting for couples on holiday. Tongabezi capitalises on its unspoilt surroundings by offering opulent, treehouse-style suites that overlook the pristine waters of the Zambezi River with the beautiful Victoria Falls a stone’s throw away. Nothing screams romance quite like a stroll, hand-in-hand, with this waterfall as your backdrop.
- Treehouse-style luxury lodge in Zambezi National Park
- Uninterrupted views of the Zambezi River
- Adventure activities in Victoria Falls
- Bush walks & boat trips on the river
- Sampan dinner floating on the river
- Microlight & helicopter flights
Romantic getaways & honeymoons.
11. Matetsi River Lodge
Matetsi River Lodge is arguably one of the most lavish Victoria Falls lodges in Zimbabwe – you’ll struggle to find a more upscale, 5-star getaway in Africa’s Adventure Capital. Stunning views are complemented by the opulent, tastefully decorated suites that afford every creature comfort one would need when on holiday in Africa. The tranquil and secluded Matetsi is a welcomed reprieve from the crowds after a day well-spent at one of the continent’s most popular attractions.
- Victoria Falls National Park’s most luxurious lodge
- Uninterrupted views of the riverine forest & Zambezi River
- Riverboat cruises & canoeing trips
- Top-tier spa treatments
- Private wine cellar
- Scenic helicopter flights over the waterfall
- White-water rafting on the river
Family holidays & honeymoons.
12. The Elephant Camp
While you might initially come to see Victoria Falls, at The Elephant Camp in Zimbabwe you’ll likely end up staying for the ethical interactions with nature’s gentle giants at the Wild Horizons Elephant Sanctuary. Pachyderms aside, the camp’s close proximity to Africa’s largest waterfall allows days filled with exciting adventures and thrilling activities, whether it be game drives through the national park or bungee jumping in Batoka Gorge.
- Breathtaking views of Victoria Falls National Park bushland
- Ethical elephant encounters
- Canopy tours over Vic Falls rainforest
- Fine dining with views of Batoka Gorge
- Boating, canoeing & white-water rafting
13. Victoria Falls Hotel
A favourite among the hotels in the region, the charming Edwardian-style Victoria Falls Hotel sits so close to its namesake that there’s a direct walkway to access the famous landmark from the property. When you’re not exploring Africa’s Adventure Capital, you can relax at this old-world retreat that has been named one of the Leading Hotels of the World, and certainly one of the best Victoria Falls lodges, a title that ensures the highest level of experience satisfaction– from friendly service to gourmet meals, and everything in between.
- Charming, old-world luxury hotel in Victoria Falls National Park
- Direct walkway to Vic Falls
- Unobstructed views of the mighty waterfall
- Conde Nast Traveller’s 2020 Gold List Award winner
- Helicopter & luxury steam train tours
- 5-star fine dining & service
Families & couples.
14. Ilala Lodge
Conveniently located in the heart of Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls Town, Ilala will have you within arm’s reach of all thrilling activities Africa’s Adventure capital has to offer. Not only is Ilala perfectly positioned for your Victoria Falls safari, but the family-run lodge is a slice of paradise offering true African hospitality that could rival any 5-star hotel. This is one of the top contenders for the best Victoria Falls lodges to stay at.
- Upscale lodge in Victoria Falls Town
- Within walking distance to every major attraction
- Gourmet meals at the award-winning Palm Restaurant
- Wide variety of adventure activities on offer
- Luxury cruises on the Zambezi River
Families & the more adventurous traveller.
15. Stanley & Livingstone Boutique Hotel
The Stanley & Livingstone is a Victoria Falls hotel that embodies style, class and sophistication. With a 5-star rating, Stanley & Livingstone has been described as the best hotel in Victoria Falls for its location, service and amenities. The boutique hotel’s location on a private game reserve in Zimbabwe promises the utmost privacy and tranquillity in one of the most beautiful natural settings on the continent. Stanley & Livingstone provides attentive service, state-of-the-art facilities, and gourmet meals worthy of any Michelin-star restaurant – ensuring a comfortable and pleasant stay of the highest quality. And to top it all off, you’ll only be a 15-minute walk away from creating lifelong memories at the majestic Falls.
- Luxury 5-star boutique hotel in Victoria Falls Private Game Reserve
- Located 15 minutes away from the waterfall
- World-class spa treatments & fine dining at 1871 Restaurant
- Children’s activities & entertainment is available
- Explore Africa’s Adventure Capital, Vic Falls
Families, small groups & romantic getaways.