Picture Yourself on Safari
If you'd rather be on a game drive in the bush or relaxing at a rooftop bar in Cape Town, we've created some safari Zoom background images for you.
Like most of the world, we at Go2Africa have been working from home and keeping up with friends and family using video conferencing services like Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Instead of capturing what's actually behind you on a video call, use some of our custom safari travel-inspired background to suit your mood.
To download, click the button below the image which will open a new tab. From there, right-click and save to your computer. Then follow the instructions on how to upload them to Zoom or Teams. Note: Zoom mirrors your image so the background will appear flipped to you but display properly to others on your call.
Riding in a game vehicle in the Masai Mara, Kenya
At The Silo Hotel rooftop, Cape Town
Drifting in a mokoro in the Okavango Delta, Botswana
Up close with an elephant in Etosha, Namibia
Taking a dip with a new friend in Zimbabwe
Climbing the famous dunes of Sossusvlei, Namibia
Whale watching on the coast, South Africa
How to change your default background image in Zoom:
- Open the Zoom app on your desktop
- Click the Settings cog icon in the upper right corner
- Click Virtual Background in the left hand menu
- Click the + icon to the right of Choose Virtual Background and choose Add Image
- Choose the downloaded background image(s) and click Open
- Select your new background image from the preview options
How to (unofficially) change your default background image in Microsoft Teams on Mac:
- Quit Microsoft Teams with Command+Q
- Close or minimize all programs and go to your desktop
- Visit your system library by typing ~/Library via the Go To function of the Finder in the top menu bar
- Follow this path and click through these folders: Application Support >
> Microsoft > Teams > Backgrounds > Uploads
- Copy the image you want to use as a custom background in the folder
- Relaunch Teams, join your meeting, follow the steps to choose a background image, and select your image from the list
How to (unofficially) change your default background image in Microsoft Teams on Windows:
- Find your favorite image.
- Quit the Microsoft Teams app to ensure you won’t lose any data
- Open File Explorer and navigate to %APPDATA% > Microsoft > Teams > Backgrounds > Uploads
- Paste the image you want to use into the Uploads folder
- Relaunch Teams, and follow the steps to choose a background image. You should see your custom image appear in the bottom of the list.