Go2Africa is recruiting for the role of a Content Writer to join its rapidly growing Marketing Team. Working with other internal teams, this candidate will produce high-quality, engaging, brand-aligned written content across Go2Africa’s channels. In addition, this role will contribute to the team with other content creation and digital marketing responsibilities.
- Content writing / copywriting
- Copyediting / proofing
- Content strategy
- Image sourcing
- Content building
- Quality Assurance
- Tertiary Degree in Journalism or Journalism-related field
- Additional study certificates or short courses: copywriting, SEO, copyediting, digital marketing, social media marketing, etc.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years copywriting / travel writing experience
- Excellent writing skills supported by a portfolio of previous work
- Experience in brand building through content for web and / or social media channels
- Africa / Safari travel marketing, publication, experience (advantageous)
- English language (spoken and written)
- Writing (travel), copywriting and editing
- Content marketing strategies and best practices
- SEO copywriting best practices
- Content Management Systems (WordPress)
- Digital marketing platforms (Unbounce, Mailchimp)
- African / Safari travel and/or luxury tourism industry
- Communication aficionado
- Exceptional wordsmith
- Problem-solver and decision-maker
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Ability to write effectively and efficiently considering multiple filters (SEO demands, brand’s voice and tone and purpose of copy)
- Sound stress, deadline and pressure management
- Sound judgment in terms of online conduct
How to apply
To apply, e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Covering letter
- Strong portfolio showcasing recent examples of work
Please clearly state the role (“Content Writer”) in the e-mail subject line.
If you do not hear from us in 4 weeks of submitting your application, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.