We are looking for experienced Travel Consultants to join us in a Sales Expert role! The Sales Expert’s core function is to convert enquirers into bookers by sharing expert knowledge and customising an itinerary perfectly suited to budget and preferences. Successful candidates must be experts in tailor-making high-end, safari-focused holidays in destinations throughout Southern and East Africa. Ideal candidates will have a strong sales track record and possess excellent negotiation skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in selling tailormade EA holidays, including Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda) and Southern Africa
- Experience with direct client sales
- Meeting sales targets
- EA travel experience
- Experience working on CRM systems, including quoting and publishing itineraries for clients
- Tertiary Degree in Travel and Tourism, or related field
Key performance areas
- Sales targets
- Lead nurturing and client relationship building
- Knowledge sharing
- Ongoing growth and development
- Achievement of sales targets both quarterly and annually
Lead nurturing and client relationship building
- Servicing of high intent leads for East Africa (EA) or both EA and Southern Africa
- Strong focus on presales service and initial building of quote options
- Provide a seamless consultation process by following the steps of the sales migration (sales process)
- Booking handover to Client Experience Expert on receipt of deposit payments and supplier confirmations
- Manage all leads using HubSpot by following the sales migration – including but not limited to regular follow-ups, scheduled zoom consultation sessions and logging of e-mails and phone calls
- Drive repeat and referral business by self-marketing on social media, marketing mailers and by offering a seamless booking experience
- Share expert knowledge with enquirers and customise itineraries perfectly suited to the budget needs and preferences of the client
Growth and Development
- Attend inhouse destination and product training thus remaining at the forefront of unbiased and expert advice
- Travel both locally and regionally
- Provide travel feedback to the Operations team with the intention to build on knowledge sharing
How to apply
To apply, please e-mail the following to email@example.com :
- Academic transcripts
- Covering letter
Please clearly state the role (“Travel Consultants – Sales Experts”) in the e-mail subject line.
We are open to applicants from all locations!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!