You can book an all-inclusive safari holiday in most of Africa’s top destinations, but it’s worth keeping in mind that all-inclusive accommodation packages are common for lodges and resorts while most hotels offer bed and breakfast rates. Depending on the mix of accommodations and attractions in your itinerary, your Africa safari vacation may well include a stopover in a hotel on a bed and breakfast basis. For 100 percent all-inclusive tour packages, browse our sample safaris.
A note on all-inclusive accommodation: you pay a set daily rate that covers your room, tent or suite, all your meals, snacks and standard drinks plus your standard game viewing activities – such as game drives and guided nature walks – or non-mechanised water sports at a beach resort. The set daily rate might seem expensive until you consider that you won’t pay for anything else on your safari except tips, souvenirs and if you choose to order imported or rare liquor, or an optional activity, like hot air ballooning or deep sea fishing. In that light, an all-inclusive Africa safari vacation package is excellent value for money.
All-inclusive safaris: South Africa
- The all-inclusive South Africa holidays we recommend feature ultra-luxe safari lodges in the superb private reserves adjoining the legendary Kruger National Park, home to the Big 5, safari favourites from zebra to giraffe, and some of Africa’s best and most reliable leopard sightings. Choose an all-inclusive safari in South Africa for easy logistics, phenomenal game viewing and the very best Africa has to offer in terms of flawless service, luxurious accommodations and fine dining in a wilderness setting.
All-inclusive safaris: Botswana
- Botswana is a big game destination and home to a diverse range of prime safari reserves. It’s enormous reserves have stable, year-round populations of plains game, including the Big 5, and offers Africa’s most reliable sightings of big breeding herds of elephant and some of the largest lion prides. Botswana is also a birder’s paradise with over 400 species to see, including rare migratory birds. Choose an all-inclusive Botswana vacation for small, exclusive lodges set in the unique landscapes of the Okavango Delta, Linyanti and Chobe where you can expect a classic safari experience filled with elegance, comfort and unforgettable game viewing.
All-inclusive safaris: Kenya
- Kenya is home to Africa’s legendary wildebeest migration and the wold-famous Masai Mara National Park home to a diverse and stable population of wildlife that promises superb year-round game viewing. This top wildlife destination also combines well with tropical islands like Zanzibar. Choose an all-inclusive Kenya vacation for superb game viewing, elegant tented camps, incredible scenic beauty and facinating cultural encounters with the Maasai and Samburu people.
All-inclusive safaris: Tanzania
- Tanzania is famous for its iconic savannah landscapes teeming with wildlife and the tropical spice island of Zanzibar just off the coast. Few safari destinations can match Tanzania for the sheer diversity of attractions, from scenery to game viewing and cultural encounters. Choose an all-inclusive Tanzania safari for the legendary mega herds of the Serengeti, Lake Manyara’s tree climbing lions and the Ngorongoro Crater’s reliable Big 5 sightings; expect warm service, luxurious lodges and extraordinary game viewing.
All-inclusive resorts: Indian Ocean Islands
- Picture postcard turqoise waters, palm-fringed white sand beaches, spice markets, romantic dhow sailing boats – these are the images of Africa’s tropical islands. The islands of Zanzibar, Quirimbas, Bazaruto, Pemba and Mnemba combine perfectly with big game safaris on the mainland. After a safari focused on early morning game drives and witnessing the dramatic thrills of Africa’s predators and the plains game they hunt, heading to a sun-drenched island for rest and relaxation is an ideal way to end your safari. Choose an all-inclusive Indian Ocean islands for beautiful beaches, fusion cuisine, fascinating spice tours, a range of water sports and some of the world’s its best dive sites.