Spend ten days exploring three of Namibia’s most popular travel destinations – Sossusvlei, Damaraland and Kaokoveld. This incredible itinerary places a strong focus on the importance of community in various regions of the desertscape. You’ll be immersed in enriching cultural experiences, engaging with local communities and gaining a deeper knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the people who make Namibia the amazing country it is.
The first stop on your journey is Little Kulala Lodge, a charming property in the world-famous Sossusvlei region, known for its larger-than-life sand dunes. Here, you’ll enjoy a thorough adventure through the desert that involves hiking up dunes, hot-air balloon rides and quad bikes.
You then head off to Damaraland. Damaraland Camp is located in big game country within a private conservancy. This leg of the tour offers a perfect balance of cultural experiences and authentic safari. Your final destination is Kaokoland. The luxurious yet comfortable Serra Cafema Camp is your home for your last few days in Namibia. This remote tented accommodation is the perfect base from which to explore the Marienfluss Conservancy.
Why Is This a Trip with a Purpose?
- In Damaraland, visit the local farms of Fonteine Pos and De Riet, interacting with local communities and learning about their unique heritage.
- A trip to the Damara Living Museum.
- Spend time in the small town of Bergisg at Jakob Basson Combined School.
- In the Kaokoveld visit a local Himba Village, engaging with tribe members of one of the world's last nomadic tribes.
- From Serra Cafema, a full-day excursion to Marienfluss School, a donor funded clinic, and Marienfluss Conservancy headquarters.