In an area with few roads, all game viewing is conducted on walking safaris accompanied by a guide and an armed scout; the guides at Mwaleshi are some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the area. Be on the lookout for Cookson’s Wildebeest, hyena, puku, eland and especially buffalo and lion - two animals for which the Mwaleshi area is renowned. Away from the teeming plains and woodlands, you can cool off in the clear, safe waters of the river or take a day trip to the nearby Mwaleshi Falls.
Based on over 1000 Verified Reviews.
- Set in the remote North Luangwa National Park
- Seasonal camp in prime game viewing months
- Game viewing exclusively by foot with armed scouts
- Excellent, knowledgeable & experienced guides
- A maximum of 8 guests creates a personal atmosphere
- True wilderness experience - ideal for adventurers
- Guided walking safaris
- Bird watching
- Guided walks
This camp offers a real adventure and a true wilderness experience. If you are interested in walking safaris then this camp is definitely for you. With some very experienced guides this is a camp that will have you ocming back year after year.
Africa Safari ExpertHelp me plan
Feel a part of nature in one of Mwaleshi Bush Camp’s four grass and reed chalets that blend into the surrounding bush and overlook the river.
Each chalet is open-fronted but covered with a bamboo mesh curtain at night and the en suite bathroom consists of a flushing toilet and a hot water bucket shower.
The open-sided traditional 'chitenge' covers the comfortable seating area with its small but fascinating library as well as the bar area and dining table.
There is no electricity at camp; all lighting is provided by solar powered lamps and time is spent around the campfire at night.
Morning coffee, muffins and fresh fruit provide a welcome break during your morning walking safari, an extensive brunch buffet awaits you on your return while afternoon tea and light snacks are served before your evening excursion.
Enjoy excellent meals at Mwaleshi Bush Camp in the open-sided living area as you listen to the sounds of the bush, or dine by candlelight on the banks of the river under the stars.
- Laundry Service
Select your preferred currency below and view rates over specific seasons.
|2020-08-01 — 2020-09-30||Fully Inclusive Plus (Meals, Beverages & Extras)||$795|
|2020-10-01 — 2020-10-31||Fully Inclusive Plus (Meals, Beverages & Extras)||$750|
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently. Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our African Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.
Why travel with us
- Independent experts since 1998
- Our best price promise
- Full service, flights included
- Complete financial protection
- 24/7 on-safari support
That may be of interest
Back to Map